Friday, December 24, 2010

Sin Eng Heong's Delicious Kaya Puff

Although living so many years in Ipoh, I still miss out some local nice and delicious foods. It was one day my colleague passed me a kaya puff. I can still feel the heat when holding the puff and at my first bite, the crispy shell and smooth kaya stuffing simply melted me. I quickly asked for the address and later made a trip to New Town searching for this shop. It was not too hard to locate it because there are only 6 blocks of shop on both sides of Clare Street and when walking nearby this shop, probably 4 or 5 units away, I could already smell the aroma of biscuit. I arrived with a long queue of customer patiently waiting for their turn to make an order. The owner and workers were non stopping packing like a machine. There are not only kaya puff but also many other choices of biscuit, such as "heong peng 香饼", salted egg biscuit, Tambun biscuit, "kah lui peng 嫁女饼" and many ready-packed famous local products.
...
Unfortunately, when I reach the shop, my camera battery ran flat and I can only capture its image with my mobile phone's VGA camera at lower resolution. Anyway, you should still see the popularity of its product from the long queue of patient customer. For larger quantity purchase, a pre-order by phone is advisable.

Sin Eng Heong Biscuit (新荣香饼店)
No.64, Clare Street (Jalan Mustapha Al-Bakri), 30300 Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia.
( just at the row of shop that known as "Parit bus station" )
Tel: +605-243 9659
Business hour: 9:00am~9:00pm (Mon~Sat); 9:00am~6:00pm (Sun)

Type "Sin Eng Heong Ipoh" + kaya puff in your internet search engine, you will find many relevant websites sharing its product.
...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails