Sunday, January 31, 2010

Yuk Choy Primary School

Being one of the most popular Chinese primary schools in Ipoh, Yuk Choy has gone through a century since its establishment on year 1908. And I am the student of Yuk Choy Primary School from 1981 to 1986.



It started with few classrooms at the beginning of 20th century near Lahat Road. Later moved in to a piece of land at upper Hugh Low Street, which is the current location. From several wooden structures, which I used to study in, it transforms in 1990’s into few blocks of concrete building, including the great hall, and become one of the best equipped schools in town. There is not a single classroom building that I studied in before remained at present. All the memories of my early schooling time are stored in my mind & it can only be seen in few photographs that I am still keeping now.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I am a former student of Yuk Choy primary as well and I have been scouring the internet for photos of the old buildings. Do you mind sharing the photos that you have?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails