Thursday, September 29, 2011

God Welcoming Ceremony

This was another long working day for me. While on the way back after dinner, I found some extraordinary crowds in downtown. I realized it immediately that was the people coming to participate a God welcoming ceremony during this Nine Emperor's Celebration. Although I am born & grown in this city, I have never witness the God welcoming ceremony for the past decades. And that moment, I decided to park my car and join the crowd. As I know the ceremony begins at the Kinta River bank near Hugh Low Bridge. On my arrival, I could see the pathway to the river was lighted up by candles & joss sticks. And when the parade started march back to the temple of Tow Boh Keong, there are scenes that had been disappearing from my life for many years resumed & recall so much of my childhood memory. This is certainly a special night of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails