Saturday, November 3, 2012

Beautiful Transformation of Lau Ek Ching Street


Although the process took almost 3 years, but the final result is cheerful when I see the final vacant unit of this row of shop house in Lau Ek Ching Street under restoration. The new tenant is putting effort in highlighting the beautiful reliefs making it like a bronze sculpture. Although the renovation work is still underway and I have no idea what would it be, but I am sure the transformation of Lau Ek Ching Street is just a perfect example of restoring the entire block of heritage building which successfully boosting the commercial value of this particular area. This is such a beautiful transformation from how it looked like in July 2010 to become what it is today.
 

1 comment:

  1. I used to live in 42 Lau ek Ching Street way back in 1957 when the houses were all residential. N ow I reside in London UK. I visited the old house this year in April 2013. I am pleasantly surprised how well it has now been restored. Quite a big change since I left some 57 years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails