Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Border of Old & New

I am standing at the border that separates Old Town & New Town. This is the first time I categorize this photo as both Old Town & New Town because I just can't tell on which part I should consider I am. Kinta River was the natural barrier in the past urban development of Ipoh. In the right of this photo is west bank where the settlement initiated. Around 1908~1909, the growth of the town crossed to the east bank and started a better planned township which mainly contributed by Yau Tet Shin. Although the city has only gone through a century, but there are many amazing stories to tell about it from the history of rise & fall. Many of us are busy crossing the river everyday. It will be certainly a different feeling if we take a walk slowly on the bridge and across the shop blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails