Monday, August 6, 2012

Who Will Grant It New Life?

A 4-storey building at Chamberlain Road right beside the roundabout is suppose an obvious structure. As I remember it is called Wong Kok Commercial Building. However, I believe it is now a forgotten building in Ipoh. Except the ground floor units are still occupied, it seems the upper floors are mostly vacant & in bad shape. I got to know its name from the top left missing signboard. This building is less than 100m from the site of demolished Majestic Theater. While there are more & more commercial shop lots under constructor around the city, will Wong Kok building at its strategic location in city center eventually undergoing refurbishment & granted with new life, or it may just vanish like Majestic Theater?

1 comment:

  1. I remember I always go to Melody music centre there in the late 80s. The building really looks old.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails